It was a beautiful last morning in Trastevere, the sun was shining and the city looked beautiful as I cleaned up the room I stayed in and my bathroom to help get it ready for the guests they have coming this weekend to rent it for a few weeks. Rossella said she has a housekeeper who would do all the cleaning but I just couldn't leave it unless I vacuumed and did a quick wash of the bathroom. It's really a gorgeous apartment and I'm so lucky I got to stay there for so long.
I headed for the Rome Trastevere train station around noon and got the train to Roma Tiburtina where I switched to the train to Firenze S. M. Novella where I waited about 45 minutes because the train was late that took me to Montecatini. It was about a 5 and half hour trip but all went well and I had a seat most of the time so I can't really complain.
Montecatini is a small spa town since the 1800's and is very lovely, at least what I could tell from the little I saw it so far. As I passed the main piazza area at 7pm tonight they had music playing and a dance floor set up with lots of couples whirling around. So sweet so I took a picture, the only picture I took all day, sorry for the lack of visuals, I was just too tired to think about pictures from the train.
I checked into the Hotel San Marco which is an old but nice hotel. My room is very tiny as it's meant for just one person but I got such an incredible rate that as long as it's clean and safe I really don't care that it's the size of a large closet. And my hotel doesn't have a pool but it's part of hotel chain that has a luxury hotel down the street and we get to use their pool which will be very nice tomorrow morning.
I'm fighting off a cold so I think it would be so great to get in a thermal pool and the water in this city is suppose to have curative powers so it's interesting that my cold symptoms began just this morning. It's as if my body knew I'd be spending a few days in a relaxing spa town where I would be able to banish the cold from my system more easily than if I were running around Rome. And I guess since Rossella had a cold all week I was bound to get something.
Anyway, I'm off to bed soon in hopes of feeling much, much better by tomorrow morning.