I did some computer work and read and at 1pm took Teddy for a walk to the Ship Inn so I could get some lunch. I was getting tired of cheddar cheese and whole grain bread sandwiches which was lunch the last three days. So off we went. The whole morning was foggy and overcast so it was a nice surprise when the sun came out around 12:30pm. And it's unusually warm for this time of year but I'm certainly happy about it.
The oldest man, David, probably in his late-seventies is one of the main singers who comes on Monday afternoons and his brother who is turning 80 on this coming Monday also comes and sings and apparently they have been doing this pretty much all their adult lives. They also, along with the young pregnant girl who was working behind the bar and another lady who must run the place. She said this breed of dog, meaning Teddy, must get at least 5 or 6 miles of walking in each day. They all clearly heard me gasp as yesterday's three hour gaunt only took us about 2 miles so one of the men said well you have to take into consideration when you let the dog run in the fields that they run a many more miles than you do so he's probably getting plenty of exercise. All I know is Teddy was exhausted yesterday when we got back so I think three hours is our limit, it certainly is mine.
So we walked back to the house after saying thanks to them all for their advice and help with Teddy, they watched him while I used the bathroom. It's funny thing things you don't realize is difficult when you're dragging a doggy around like how to use a bathroom stall while he's jumping, running around and whimpering because you're not paying attention to him.
So that was our English Country day and I got cute picture of Gweni using the teapot on the AGA as her warm pillow, so cute!!!