Monday, December 17, 2012

Goodbye to Tunstall - Hello to Newquay, UK







Wow, what an incredible six weeks in Tunstall and I am beyond grateful for having had this incredible experience. Not only did I get to live in a beautiful 1872 converted school house I had the privilege or living with four wonderful furry beings. And although it took me a few weeks to get used to having him and all the responsibility of a dogs life, I grew so fond of him and actually grew to love him and his feline siblings that I cried several times in saying goodbye to them. I will miss them and even miss Tunstall and the Suffolk county beauty very much.

I've included some of my favorite pictures from my visit here.

But in life when it's time to move on you must just pick yourself up and get yourself going. John drove me to the Ipswitch train station this morning with Teddy in two in the boot (English for back trunk area) and this one is spacious and with windowed so he can enjoy the ride. We left a 7am and our ride began in the dark but we were still able to see a bunny playing or feeding by the side of the road. No matter how many I see, I still get so excited.

John and I had a very nice talk on the way and just enjoyed the quiet of the morning and the beauty of the area.  I gave Teddy lots of kisses on his forlorn little face before I left. I know he's sad but a few days with his parents and his brother and he'll forget all about me.

The bus took us to a meeting point near London after making several stops along the way picking up other guests. Once at the London center several hundred people from other buses arrived and we waited to get on the particular tour we were scheduled for and it all went so smoothly and the waiting area had restaurants, a Starbucks and even a mini supermarket.

There were also lots of news papers and like the United States the front page of most are all dedicated to the horrible, awful, so, so tragic events in Connecticut and even the radio playing on our bus dedicated much time to coverage. It's just so heartbreaking and my thoughts and prayers like all of yours go out to those families and those truly beautiful children and adults so unjustly taken.  It has impacted I'm sure every country and Britain, which experienced a similar tragedy in Scotland about 17 years ago at a Kindergarten, as you may all remember, are so grieved like all of us around the world and certainly every American.

I think we are all reminded that life is so precious and that we need to enjoy every happy moment and make the most of our lives and truly to just let go of  whatever anger and bitterness we feel because it's just not worth it. I feel even more blessed to be on this journey and to meet caring, lovely people who make the world a more loving place and who certainly have enriched my life.