| My current Hotel, Uvala |
After a restful nights sleep I woke up early to an overcast, rainy morning but soon after breakfast and getting some computer work done the weather seemed to improve so I took the public bus near my hotel to the Old Walled Town.
I don't have any pictures from my visit to the old town because I had forgotten to put the memory card back in my camera. Fortunately I'll be here for several days so I'll get lots of pictures.
The town was so crowded for an off-season day because there were two cruise ships in port. I saw one in the distance near the unique bridge we passed over yesterday which is pretty high up and I was shocked when the cruise ship MSC Divina was almost as tall as the bridge. I looked it up and the Divina is the 8th larges cruise ship in the world, incredible.
| The hotel I was suppose to be in Hotel Komodor (looks like it could be the oldest hotel in Dubrovnik |
| Lupud Beach |
| Lopud Beach |
| Lopud Beach |
| Lopud Beach |
The water at the beach was higher it seems from all the rain the last few weeks and the waves were beautiful. I walked along past all the gorgeous water's edge villas and hotels to the last hotel on our side of the beach the Dubrovnik Palace, a luxury sea view building.
| Light House Island |
| Pretty Cactus Flower |
| View from the outlook in the park |
There is a small park next to it and I was just enjoying just watching the waves breaking across the island in the distance with the large lighthouse when an older women came down the stairs next to me with a bag full of little yellowish seed like pellets. It turns out they're from the Pinus Sylvestris (scots pine) and are crushed until an oil is created and good for treating bronchitis.
| Women with Asparagus |
| Women collecting yellow Scot Pine flower buds |
| Close up of Scot Pine flower |
The women also did some asparagus hunting and had a little bunch of very thin stocks. I helped them gather a little of the yellow buds until they had a nice bag full.
After walking around a little more in the park I went down the stairs to the pool area of the luxury hotel where a young German couple had gone a few moments before. It led to a gorgeous area right on the water where they have a small pool and the waves were incredible crashing up against the shore.
I took a picture of the young couple for them and they kindly took a few of me. The waves broke furiously and cast up frantic white mist and wave remnants. It was incredible and breathing in all that salt air is so good for the lungs and invigorates a person. I'm sure it cleared out all the yellow pollen that is deposited in thick layers on everything around especially all the cars that I've passed.
After a nice walk back to the beach and a stop at the large, new supermarket and bakery to get something for dinner I'm back in my hotel lobby writing my blog on the large white and black leather sofa and then off to the sauna area for a bit before bed.
| View from the Hotel Dining room at dusk |
| View from the hotel dining room at dusk |